Tuesday, November 21, 2006

If I wrote this blog, here's how I'd do it

It's time for our weekly Tuesday look around the world to see what's going on.

1) America has a toy shortage! We're apparently also worried about this. Mind you, we're not worried about the food and medicine shortage in other parts of the world. After all, that's not what Christmas is about.

2) Although I do hold out some hope for America. If O.J. did it, he at least won't make millions off of it.

3) Another chief executive officer makes a stop off in Hawaii for uh, business purposes... yeah, that's right... business purposes.

4) And, apparently now that reality has become TV, TV will now become reality. Or, put another way, now the TV really is raising your kids.

In other words, nothing new is happening.


This week's theme:
The Spice Girls

Well, what happened to them?

Posh Spice married David Beckham and attempted to sing. Now she's just a faded pop star with no talent. She did, however, score an interview with Borat himself, Sacha Baron Cohen. She's apparently studying Kabbalah. She's like a female Kevin Federline.

Scary Spice is having Eddie Murphy's baby. She too attempted to sing and it didn't work. Now she's just a faded pop star with no talent.

Baby Spice is still attempting to sing and it isn't working. Now she's just a faded pop star with no talent.

Ginger Spice, who looks worryingly like Lindsay Lohan, is now a mom, despite the fact that she won't tell who the father is. She is also a faded pop star with no talent.

Sporty Spice has actually launched a semi-decent solo career, including a guest appearance on a Bryan Adams single. Despite this, everyone still thinks she's a lesbian.


On to the news:

Man dresses up as cigarette, busted for having four wives
(WTF level: high)

Ah, the smell of Cleveland!
(I've been to Bedford, it doesn't smell like anything)

Today, my school hosted the world's largest rubber band ball
(It's a big day for "world's biggest" stories, I guess)

Man sleeps through tree falling on his house
(Sounds like me)


Bright, shiny objects:

Yeah, I could do that
(Actually, I don't think I could even move that fast)

This is something of an extension of the "Everclear Theory"
(The "Everclear Theory" is the fact that you can sing all of Everclear's songs to the tune of all of their other songs... try it sometime)


Today's random next blog:

Laika Life
(I'm not sure what this one's about, but it's strangely alluring.)


Today's strange anniversary:

November 21, 1837 -- Thomas Morris of Australia skips rope 22,806 times.


Fun fact of the day:

In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
(No, I won't take a cheap shot at Kramer...)


And finally:

I'm an uncle again! All signs point to health for both mother and baby. I'll get to see my new niece tomorrow when my wife and I go to Atlanta for Thanksgiving. That means no blog until I get back, probably next Monday.

No comments: