Tuesday, November 28, 2006

An odd dream

An odd dream I had:

It's Late November... but it's 65 degrees outside. For some reason, I'm in an open field at the top of a hill, but there's a gas station there. I recognize this as rural Georgia. Inside the little shop, it's filled with the usual, beer (which you can't drink before you drive home), cigarettes (which you can't smoke at a gas station), and a wine cellar? In one ear, I hear people babbling in Russian. In the other, I hear drawl. I gaze around the store and see hats emblazoned with the logo of of several Mexican soccer clubs.

Wait, that was last Sunday.


This week's theme:
Oh the places I've gone!

This week, I'm dedicating the theme to strange, quirky, and neat places that I've actually been to. Speaking of this past Sunday, I give you Dahlonega, Georgia.

It's a gold rush town from the less-discussed Georgia Gold Rush of the 1830's. The discovery of gold in those parts, however, had a more (in)famous outcome. Settlers were suddenly clamoring to work the land, but unfortunately, the Cherokee Indians decided that since they had been staying there for a few hundred years or so, they saw need to move. Andrew Johnson saw differently.

Not that they really mention that part.


On to the news:

A man didn't think his excuse through too well
(But then again, I've heard worse)

Is that a guitar in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
(Can't it be both?)

Ever wonder what those chess club kids were doing?
(Aparently the IOC is too)

And now a story my wife will appreciate and scratch her head over
(If you don't know why, check out her blog)


Bright, shiny objects:

Ever wonder what happened to Nemo?
(Tip of the cap to friend Steve)

Time for our weekly gem from Engrish.com
(Usually a Monday thing...)


Today's random "next blog":

I think it's a swimming blog. Not sure.
(This is what happens when you push the "next blog" button. I'm sure someone thinks the same thing about me.)


Monday (kinda...) playlist feature:

Going back in history this week to Thanksgiving weekend of 2003, in which I got to watch my beloved high school alma mater be humiliated in the state championship football game.

Here's what America was listening to back then.

5) 3 Doors Down -- Here Without You

4) No Doubt -- It's My Life

3) Baby Bash f. Frankie J -- Suga Suga

2) Beyonce Knowles f. Sean Paul -- Baby Boy

1) Outkast -- Hey Ya!

Blah. I should really do older events in my life. It's just that I don't remember them. But, the music was so much better.


Today's strange anniversary:

November 28, 1895 -- America's 1st auto race starts; 6 cars, 55 miles, and the winner averages 7 MPH. If you'd like a replay, go to Florida tomorrow.


Fun fact of the day:

The Book of Esther in the Bible is the only book which does not mention the name of God.


And finally:

Bob Saget was on Law and Order?

No comments: