Monday, December 04, 2006

Santa Claus is coming... to town

I hate snow. Yesterday, I spent half and hour chiseling my car out of a six inch covering of the stuff, because it snowed in Chicago when it was 30 degrees, meaning the stuff mostly turned directly to ice. All this to get the grocery store. My wife, who is from Atlanta, told me, "I love snow. It's so pretty." I asked her whether she had ever driven in snow. She didn't seem to have an answer for that one.

I love my wife.

Speaking of my wife, last Thursday night, she taught me how to knit. I'm not terribly good at it, but I can understand why it's so hypnotic. But now let's see: I'm addicted to Gilmore Girls, I know how to knit... yeah, my Guy Card will be taken away from me at some point in the near future.


This week's theme:
Pulp Fiction

I've been borderline obsessed with this movie lately. Hey, why not. A reminder that there are a few... adult... words in what follows, so, proceed with caution.

With that said, Do you read the Bible?

Apparently, Samuel L. Jackson doesn't.


On to the news:

So that's all it takes...
(How to live to be 120... or maybe she just forgot how old she was)

Proof that you can file a lawsuit over anything
(And I mean anything.)

First my library books, now my garage door
(Thank God no Americans actually go to the library)

Saudi Arabia allows women to sell cars, but not drive them
(No comment.)


Bright, shiny objects:

Let's see what our weekly check of Engrish.com turns up...
(Perhaps that trip abroad is not such a good idea.)

Someone get me this t-shirt
(Rudolph?)


Today's random "next blog":

You never know what's going to come up when you hit the "next blog" button:

A blog by a guy who reads books about being a millionaire
(If becoming a millionaire is that easy, why aren't there more millionaires?)


Monday playslist feature:

This week includes December 6th, which is the feast of St. Nicholas. It's also the anniversary of my First Communion, back when I was Catholic. This took place in 1987.

What was America listening to back then?

5) Whitesnake -- Is This Love?

4) Sting -- We'll Be Together

3) Richard Marx -- Should Have Known Better

2) George Michael -- Faith(!!!)

1) Belinda Carlisle -- Heaven is a Place on Earth

Could this be any more of an 80's list? Seriously, take a look at the rest of the chart from that week and tell me that you wouldn't listen a radio station programmed with those songs.


Today's strange anniversary:

December 4, 977 -- Karel, the Great, becomes king of all France. He's so great that I've never heard of him.


Fun fact of the day:

Dracula is the most filmed story of all time, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is second and Oliver Twist is third.


And finally:

Just for good measure, Moby and Debbie Harry of Blondie have collaborated on a new song. It's brilliant.

No comments: