Tuesday, December 05, 2006

YouTube is destroying society... and I have proof

It's time for our Tuesday look around the world to see what's going on:

  1. Jessica Simpson did something stupid
  2. What is it about New York? The Yankees aren't trading A-Rod and Hillary Clinton is only sorta kinda thinking about running for President. (wink, wink)
  3. Britney Spears is apparently very popular on the internet
  4. And for some strange reason, Iran has banned YouTube.
In other words, nothing new is happening.


This week's theme:
Pulp Fiction

This is actually what started my thinking about Pulp Fiction: the only single and hit that Urge Overkill ever had: Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon.

Sadly, it was a cover.


On to the news:

No one else will understand why this is funny
(But I got a cheap laugh out of it. What does that say about me?)

Blind man takes over for drunk driver
(With predictable results. Also, his punishment was to be banned from driving for two years. And after that, it's apparently OK...)

Yeah, soon enough, it won't be science fiction anymore
(On the subject, I recommend this)

12-year-old arrested for opening Christmas present early
(The thing that scares me is that the cops actually arrested the kid)


Bright, shiny objects:

Finally, like, an ATM for, like, blondes
(Like totally)

People with no tomorrow
(Ummm... well... I just hope they're all photoshopped)


Today's random "next blog":

Cool desktop wallpaper blog
(A guy apparently makes desktop images... find them here. Quite nice.)


Today's strange anniversary:

December 5, 1776 -- 1st US fraternity, Phi Beta Kappa (William & Mary College), forms. I'm from Beta of Ohio, Kenyon College. I've always wondered though. Didn't they have... oh, I don't know... anything better to worry about in late 1776?


Fun fact of the day:

The name Jeep came from the abbreviation used in the army for the "General Purpose" vehicle, G.P.


And finally:

For those of you who wanted to take away my Guy Card (tm) for knitting, I encourage you to watch this. Either it was a nice coincidence that this was a featured video on YouTube or someone at YouTube reads my blog. Apparently not someone in Iran.

No comments: