Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Where's my tragus?

And now a few prayers. Because surely, the apocalypse is upon us now.
Playgrounds in America might never be the same: Paris Hilton says she wants to have children— soon.

The partying heiress says that hanging around with her new best friend, Britney Spears, and Spears' two tykes has made her want to reproduce.

“It’s been my dream to have four babies by 30,” the 25-year-old heiress announced, reports Life & Style Weekly. And Hilton thinks she’s highly qualified for motherhood, explaining: “I look after animals, so I’d have a lot to give my kids.”
Let's play a game of "count the number of ways in which that is wrong." Shall we?
  1. Paris Hilton and Britney Spears are apparently Hollywood's new power couple.
  2. Britney Spears hasn't actually done anything musical in a while and is now mostly famous for being the wife of Kevin Federline. (A thought: Paris Hilton has had a "hit single" more recently than Britney. So has K-Fed.)
  3. Paris recently announced (recently being July...) that she's giving up sex for a year. Perhaps you could see how this might be a bit of an obstacle for her. (Funnier, perhaps she doesn't)
  4. "I look after animals, so I'd have a lot to give my kids." The dull thudding sound that you hear is me ramming my head into the wall. It makes the pain go away.
The end is nigh.


This week's theme:
Pulp Fiction

I wish the above were fiction. But, such is life. For all you fans out there, today, I present a few links dedicated to the movie. I'm sure that if you like it, you will use them to waste more time than you had ever envisioned.

First off, all you Wikis, see what you think here.

The script is apparently on-line.

A few sound clips from the film.

And for good measure, an extra bone for you Tarantino fans.


On to the news:

Camel crashes Christmas party
(And drinks all the beer. It's illegal to drink and operate a vehicle, but what if the vehicle is drunk?)

It's a slow "odd news" day. You'd think there was something important going on. Like major decisions on a war or something.


Bright, shiny objects:

Behind the scenes of the White & Nerdy video
(Al-aholics, unite!)

What would happen if you drew a line from one zip code to another in sequential order, like a connect-the-dots?
(Oddly enough, this. It's the sort of question I'd ask.)


Today's random "next blog":

Notes from the Cookie Jar
(A Canadian mom blogs about being a mom, and other things. Includes cookie recipes! Here in FIF-land, we like to bake.)


Today's strange anniversary:

December 6, 1933 -- Ban on James Joyce' "Ulysses" in US, lifted. As a result, no one actually reads it except college English majors. And they only read the Clff's Notes version.


Fun fact of the day:

The little lump of flesh just forward of your ear canal, right next to your temple, is called a tragus.


And finally:

It's St. Nicholas Day! Happy Sinterklaas to all of FIF's Dutch readers. (I make it sound like I have stateside readers...)

No comments: