Friday, December 08, 2006

Six years later, she hasn't killed me

I don't want this to become a celebrity news blog, really. But there are some days when the story just writes itself. Lindsay Lohan apparently ran into Al Gore at a banquet. That sentence right there is just weird enough to be a headliner here at FIF. However, she's claiming that Gore promised that he would help her to get her reputation back together.

My wife's response: "This WTF moment has been brought to you by..." (side note: I love my wife.)

After all, if I needed someone who could project a really good media-friendly image for a 20-something starlet, the first person that I'd go to would be Al Gore.

Gore's response was that he didn't know what Lohan was talking about. I don't know either, but for extensive contributions to the field of stupidity, I hereby award thee, Lindsay Lohan, with a Federline Award. Salve, stulta! Popozao!

This is even funnier because I just finished watching Mean Girls.


This week's theme:
Pulp Fiction

We finish up this week's theme with a few clips. Funny enough, if you probably looked hard enough, you could probably watch the entirety of the movie on YouTube.

The opening scene

The dancing scene

Oh go ahead, someone post all of the links.


On to the news:

Shoplifter tripped up by her own pants after stealing a potato peeler, some Rolo candy, measuring spoons and a "a 15-ounce box of strawberry Nestle's Nesquik" hidden in her crotch.
(There's a Britney Spears joke lurking in there somewhere...)

More people in the spirit of the season
(It's today's "alcohol was (sorta) involved" story)

Things not to do on your wedding night
(Unless you're into that...)


Bright, shiny objects:

You'll be puzzling over these for hours
(Thanks to my wife for sorta sending me this link)

Mary Poppins, the horror movie
(Well now, another piece of my childhood ruined by the internet)


Today's random "next blog":

A fashion blog
(Which is obviously the perfect thing for me to link)


Today's strange anniversary:

December 8, 1987 -- Flyers' Ron Hextall becomes 1st goalie to actually score a goal. Not a lot of really interesting anniversaries out there today. (Wink, wink)


Fun fact of the day:

Why do they call it a station wagon?


Something so disturbing it defies all categorization:

This is from the actual White House website. I'm not kidding you. This is your tax dollars at work. How disturbing is it? It features Dolly Parton.

It's Barney Cam. Part Five.
(I suppose in the absence of Chad Vader 5, this will do.)


And finally:

Today is the sixth anniversary of when my wife and I started dating. If you're out there reading this, darling, I love you. Thanks for six years of unbelievable hilarity. Not to mention carrying me through all the rough times and rejoicing with me at the happy times. You're the best.

If you're not my wife, I love you too. Just not exactly in the same way.

No comments: