Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Angst Day!

Is there a day on the calendar that promotes more angst than Valentine's Day? (Every year, J. Geils Band's "Love Stinks" enjoys a renaissance every year around this time.) I'm not a fan of the way that the day has evolved. There's a myth that the only love that "counts" is romantic love. Romantic love is wonderful, and I recommend it, but there's so much more to life than that. May I suggest C.S. Lewis's The Four Loves.

Today, may I suggest you appreciate exactly how many people love you. And tell them you love them. It doesn't have to be romantic. Just real.


This week's theme:
Frederic Edwin Church

West Rock, New Haven
(Absolutely gorgeous)


On to the news:

Austrian kids get a lesson in swearing
(From their teacher)

Greenpeace sends Valentine's in Japan
("Be our valentine and resign!")

Batman shuts down school
(Ummmm...)


And finally:

Short one today. Probably no blog tomorrow. My schedule's a little busy. However, until then, enjoy my new obsession song.

No comments: