Tuesday, February 06, 2007

See can anyone matters really nothing

It's time for our Tuesday look around the world to see what's happening!

  1. Congress is going to tax terrorism. That'll show Osama!
  2. The moron count in America is apparently going up
  3. Well what do you know? Letting kids play with the oven isn't a good idea
  4. Teenagers feel bad after sex
In other words, nothing new is happening.


This week's theme:
Trekkie music videos!

Another in our "I watched entirely too much Star Trek: The Next Generation" series. The entire episode catalog of the show, set to music. If you're a hardcore fan of the show, you have got to see this.


On to the news:

If you thought Paris Hilton's miniature chihuahua was annoying, wait until you see this.
(Mini-pig?)

Today's least justified grand theft auto
(Of a police car, no less)


Quote of the day:

O. J. Simpson on why he hopes that his If I Did It never comes out: "It made it look too much like an admission of guilt,” Simpson said to the Palm Beach Post. “I wasn’t happy with the hypothetical paragraphs. A ghostwriter wrote the whole thing, and I OK’d it. But there were a lot of inaccuracies about the case and about how I would have done things. But I figure I’d let it go since I didn’t kill anyone."

O. J., are you listening to me? No.


Bright, shiny objects:

If the robots win, we'll have to listen to techno
(Lite Brite music video?)

And the award for most creative waste of time
(Counting numbers in 5000 languages... you know you're curious)


Today's random "next blog":

Deep Navy Blue
(Someone's diary blog. Seems like she puts a lot of effort into it.)


Today's strange anniversary:

February 6, 1990 -- Steve Briers of Wales recited the entire lyrics of Queen's album "A Night At The Opera" in 9 minutes & 58.44 seconds backwards! And Mimi Marquez, clad only in bubble wrap will perform her famous lawn chair/handcuff dance to the sounds of iced tea being stirred.


Fun fact of the day:

Hang On Sloopy is the official rock song of Ohio.


And finally:

Today, I booked more stops on my American tour. We're going to Atlanta to see the world's cutest nieces at the end of the month, and then I'm going to spend four days in Boston for a conference. Nyah nyah, I get to see Fenway Park.

No comments: