Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Federlines on Pluto

Pluto has been re-named to "asteroid 134340". Sounds like a nice place to visit. People are apparently still arguing over it, and I believe that there's a move afoot to rename Mickey Mouse's dog as well. So, in honor of this whole fiasco, I hereby award the entire profession of astonomer with a Federline Award. Salve dumbass! Popozao!

An interesting question. If you were a 2nd grade teacher, would you teach Pluto as a planet to your kids?


This week's theme:
The Breakfast Club

This is in tribute to my wife, who is obsessed with this movie.

Apparently, so is Family Guy

The trailer that started it all.


On to the news:

Bungling criminal botches shoplifting by stealing wrong size shoes
(And then returns to the scene of the crime)

Here's how to get your kids to do their homework
(As a child psychologist, this might not be the best plan...)

Robber picks on the wrong woman in a wheelchair
(Now that's karma!)


Bright, shiny objects:

The airplane video interpretive safety dance
(Not to be confused with the actual Safety Dance)

Mortal Peep Combat.
(All I want is Peeps on earth!)


Monday Playlist Feature, which seemingly seems to end up on Tuesday lately:
Can you blame me for putting this one on Tuesday this week?

Here's the thing: I don't think that there's any major anniversaries in my life (at least that I can remember) coming up this week. So, because I'm in charge, I hereby declare that we're going to look at what was on the charts as I started first grade in September 1986.

5) Bananarama - Venus

4) Carl Anderson & Gloria Loring - Friends and Lovers

3) Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You

2) Lionel Richie - Dancing on the Ceiling

1) Berlin - Take My Breath Away

For some reason, I associate that time with "Dancing on the Ceiling" and now I know why. It was probably on in heavy rotation at the time. Also, why did Jessica Simpson have to and ruin a perfectly good song (she did it with "These Boots Are Made For Walking" too)? It's kinda like Spandau Ballet's "This Much Is True". You can't cover it. It's off-limits.


Today's weird anniversary:

Sept. 12, 1966 -- Cheer up Sleepy Jean! The Monkees premiered today on TV.


Today's fun fact:

Four real women have been portrayed on U.S. coins in the history of the U.S. Mint. They are Sacegewa, Susan B. Anthony, Eunice Shriver Kennedy, and Queen Isabella of Spain.


And finally...

I've found the most addictive song in the world. Scissor Sisters, "I Don't Feel Like Dancing." Oh dear...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now there's a weekly theme I can get behind :)

I miss having your sense of humor around on more than a weekly basis :P

Poor Pluto just can't get any respect.