Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My wife and I are not divorced

In fact, last night, we went out on a run to Marshall's and Linens and Things. (Full disclosure: I love Linens and Things. Mostly the kitchen area.) My wife is on an "organize the apartment" binge. Thanks to her efforts, we again have floors. Interesting concept.

As often happens when I go shopping, I find things that suggest to me that civilization as we know it is crumbling to the ground. Like last night in Marhsall's, after we passed the cosmetics laying under a sign that proclaimed "Active Wear," we passed the underwear section. On a shelf, I saw panties that had the word "Scary" emblazened on them.

Make your own joke.


This week's theme:
Sacha Baron Cohen

Cohen was actuall invited to Harvard (yeah, that Harvard) to give the annual Harvard Day address... in character as Ali G.

You can see the results here
(Next time you see someone brag that they went to Harvard, re-watch this)


On to the news:

God on your cell phone
(Et-cum-spiri-220. If you're not Catholic, you wouldn't understand.)

Man gets into fight with panda at zoo
(It's this week's "Alcohol Was Involved" story)

Man on trial for theft steals computers from courthouse
(Now that's testicular fortitude)


Bright, shiny objects:

This is what happens when I look for bright, shiny objects from t-shirt sites
(715??)

The guy who does Elmo's voice
(Seriously)


Today's Random "Next Blog":

Again, a new feature on FIF. I hit the "next blog" button and see what comes up... preferably in English.

The blog of an Australian exchange student in Canada
(Apparently, just getting started there.)


Today's weird anniversary:

September 20, 1954 -- The very first program written in FORTRAN is run. I believe it was called "Windows 2000."


Today's fun fact:

The slogan on New Hampshire license plates is 'Live Free or Die'. These license plates are manufactured by prisoners in the state prison in Concord.


And finally:

The thing that made me shake at Marshall's the most was the todler sized sweat-jacket that said, "G Unit." A baby Fitty Cent. Which would be Nickelback or something like that.

No comments: