Saturday, September 30, 2006

Who's your alpaca daddy?

We have yarn in our freezer. As a psychologist, I should probably recognize this as the sign of something. My wife is putting yarn in our freezer. I love her dearly. She just frightens me sometimes. (Explanation: She thinks moths have gotten into her stash of yarn. If you haven't clicked over to her blog, you won't understand why that's an issue. Getting rid of moths involving freezing the eggs/larvae on the yarn.)


This week's theme:
Voltron!

To finish off this week's Voltron theme, I present to you the official website of the Voltron world. I had also planned to link over to EBay for a Voltron lunch box, because let's be honest: It was all about the lunch box. But there are none for sale!

Next week's/month's theme:
The holiest month of the calendar is here. The MLB playoffs are on. For most of the year, my priorities are God, then family, then baseball. In October, it's baseball, then baseball, then baseball. It doesn't even matter that my beloved Cleveland Indians aren't in it this year. It's still 1-2-3 strikes you're out at the old ballgame.


On to the news:

Man earns enough frequent flyer miles to go into space
(As we move closer and closer to Star Trek)

Alpaca paternity lawsuit
(First sentence: "A judge dismissed a lawsuit filed over the paternity of a baby alpaca, but the ruling might not mark the end of the barnyard soap opera." Yeah, there's nothing more pressing in the world.)

Robbers hit "adult" video store
(And use fuzzy handcuffs to immobilize the staff!)


Bright, shiny objects:

White men should not dance
(This is dedicated to my friend Steve)

Famous last words
(Or something like that)


Today's Random "Next Blog":

Recreational Tomfoolery
(A blog containing random quotes and random observations on college football)


Today's Weird Anniversary:

September 29, 1979 -- Pope John Paul II becomes 1st pope to visit Ireland. A country full of Catholics and no one before JP2 had the thought, "Hey, maybe I should go there!" The Catholic Church needs a PR department.


Fun Fact of the Day:

The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat", which means "the king is dead".


And finally:

Every once in a while, I'll be on the Chicago El, and one of the cars will lose power and the lights will go out. This is especially creepy when it happens in one of the subway tunnels. Is it a bad sign that when it happens, I get a mind to do this?

1 comment:

Dove Knits said...

The other day, I was in an El car that had no lights AND smelled like poop (literally).