Thursday, January 25, 2007

What to write...

I wasn't really sure what to write about today in this space. I suppose I could go political and talk about how G-Dubs gave his speech last night (didn't see it... can't have been that interesting) or how J-Care decided that he'd had enough public humiliation for one lifetime. I could go with the odd: Marilyn Manson is dating Evan Rachel Wood. I could point out that Fidel Castro has defied death yet again. I could write an amusing anecdote from my life (the problem being that nothing really amusing has happened in the last 48 hours.) Or, I could just leave it blank.


This week's theme:
1992

I didn't really love 1992. But apparently, VH-1 did. When was the last time that VH-1 actually played a video? (Your daily double dose is here and here.)

I plugged "1992" into the vast wasteland that is Google and one of the first links that came up was Wikipedia's entry on the 1992 Presidential election, which gave us such images as... well... Bill Clinton answering whether he wore boxers or briefs on MTV (the person who asked that question is now about 30-something...), Bill Clinton on the Arsenio Hall Show, (whatever happened to him? Arsenio that is...), and this guy who to this day scares me.


On to the news:

Protestors for rent
(Now this is a great job!)

Man attemptes to sneak 500 parrots into Kazakhstan
(High five!)


Bright, shiny objects:

There's a picture of a horse in a sweater
(Thanks, wife, for the link. Scroll down a bit.)

Reverse graffiti?
(Street art by cleaning something dirty)


Today's random "next blog":

Schreiners's Media Landscape
(It has something to do with Utah and clean air....)


Today's strange anniversary:

January 24, 1902 -- Denmark sells Virgin Islands to USA. Sounds like a good idea right now...


Fun fact of the day:

The hyoid bone, in your throat, is the only bone in the body not attached to another bone.


And now a word from our sponsors:

Need glasses?
(This is why you should drive automatic transmission)


And finally:

Last night, my wife mentioned that she knew someone who had been given a $600 handbag. Maybe I'm just too much of a guy here, but what on earth does a $600 bag do that a cheap $30 model won't? Does it have a laser somewhere on it? Does it organize itself? Is it the bag that Mary Poppins had?

No comments: