Friday, January 26, 2007

What's the difference between a cow and a chicken?

Maybe it's best to hide the kids this weekend.


This week's theme:
1992

Let's finish off 1992 (your ILTN's fix here and here)

In 1992, I think I went to my first middle-school dance. I remember that Blind Melon's "No Rain" was really big then. Maybe I'm confusing it with something else. I think 1992 was also the year that I became an official Trekkie. (Nerd Pride!)


On to the news:

Irony police were called to the scene when...
(It's like rain... ah forget it)

Coffee and doughnuts at the same time
(Will wonders ever cease?)

It's raining money in Germany
(Das ist gut!)


Bright, shiny objects:

The lights are on, but nobody's home, my elevator doesn't go to the top, I'm not playing with a full deck, I've lost my marbles
(So, why are you a vegetarian?)

Does your friend carry a mobile phone?
(Find out where that friend is right now!)


Today's random "next blog":

Diary of an Ad Man
(Now that's hilarious!)


Today's strange anniversary:

January 26, 1875 -- Electric dental drill is patented by George F. Green. Sorry, wife.


Fun fact of the day:

Mice, whales, elephants, giraffes and man all have seven neck vertebra.


And finally:

After our usual check of Is It Friday dot Net, start the weekend with this story about my friend's brother who has written and produced a play in honor of a student who passed last year.

4 comments:

Dove Knits said...

Wow. Go, Jason!

Anonymous said...

Hi, R! I am a friend of T's from LJ. You should stop by sometime. I've seen pictures of you knitting, so I feel like I know you a little.

My lj username is umbrella_term

Geoff_Livingston said...

Hey, thanks for the hat tip. Cheers.

DofAM

Chris said...

I couldn't get the phone thing to work past the search page.

That article about the car wreck reminded me of a guy in Jacksonville who kept complaining and complaining about speeders in his neighborhood. When the police finally crackded down, guess who got ticketed on the first day?

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog