Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A dog's revenge

Another reason that I need a camera in my cell phone: I was out doing some work, driving around Chicago. I actually saw a sign in Korea-town that said "Live Korean BBQ." Harsh place. I never understood why people would put cameras in their phones until I started blogging.


This week's theme:
1993

I'm not in much of a mood to write anything clever here today. Here's your daily dose (here and here)


On to the news:

Man loses wife in a game of poker
(Is the proper verb "lose"?)

Man looking to rent girlfriend
(If I'm not mistaken, that's the world's oldest profession)


Bright, shiny objects:

Santa's sleigh training
(Someone clearly has a sense of humor at the North Pole... too bad global warming will cause Santa to move.)

A white Hungarian man rapping about the war
(I'm not making this up... if you click on nothing else today...)


Today's random "next blog":

Braking news
(Looks like computer-related news. Perfect for your favorite techno-geek.)


Today's strange anniversary:

January 31, 1928 -- Scotch tape 1st marketed by 3-M Company. Happy birthday to Scotch tape?


Fun fact of the day:

The correct response to the Irish greeting, "Top of the morning to you," is "and the rest of the day to yourself."


And finally:

Where was this song when I was in high school? I would have been singing it all day. Perhaps this is why they waited 10 years to release it.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Wow, you are quite the regular blogger. I just wanted to pop in a say, "Hey Russell, this is Jason Moran from St. Ed's." I found your blog and am wondering how you are doing and if you have maintained any contact with any other class o '98 guys. I haven't updated my blog in ages, but I suppose you could leave a reply either there or here.