Friday, January 12, 2007

You have died of dysentery

Ummm, there's nothing interesting going on. For the first time in a month, we will actually be in Chicago for a weekend. I even went to Walgreens tonight and nothing weird happened there, other than them having their Easter candy already out. We now enter the lull in winter after Christmas when it's not really festive any more and if we thought about it, we'd realize how stupid it was that we all sang "Let it Snow" last month. I hate snow.


This week's theme:
1990

The end of this week's shameless exploitation of VH-1's I Love the 90's series. But admit it, you watch it, you can't take your eyes off of it. And here's Part 4 and Part 5 of the rest of I Love the 90s, Part Deux for 1990.

I'm trying to remember if anything salient in my life happened in 1990, other than finishing fourth grade. I had Mrs. Bevelaqua, and I now wonder whatever happened to her. I was 10. Nothing really interesting happens when you're 10. At least in hindsight, anyway.


Four word movie review:

My wife and I made a trip to Blockbuster tonight and ended up with The Breakup. Here then is my four word moview review of the movie.

Life imitating art imitating...


On to the news:

Want to drive a skunk cross-country?
(How much you paying?)

Thieves steal... cacti?
(Apparently there's a black market for them?)


Bright, shiny objects:

Complaints received about custom license plates
(America needs a hobby)

It's disturbing, involves hedgehogs, and it's in Dutch
(I'd usually make this "And now a word from our sponsors", but I was short on BSO's today.)


Today's random "next blog":

Tigertang in Tangoland
(It's just what came up...)


Today's strange anniversary:

January 12, 1954 -- Queen Elizabeth II opens NZ parliament. This isn't really strange, but it does make you think "Exactly how old is she?"


Fun fact of the day:

Many Japanese golfers carry "hole-in-one" insurance, because it is traditional in Japan to share one's good luck by sending gifts to all your friends when you get an "ace." The price for what the Japanese term an "albatross" can often reach $10,000.


T-shirt of the week:

A new feature that I had originally intended to do on Thursdays, but, ummm, forgot yesterday. Anyway, this is dedicated to all of the wonderful purveyors of funny t-shirts out there.

Now this is old school
(It's OK, that just means it's time to go hunting)


And finally:

It's time for our weekly check of Is It Friday dot Net.

No comments: