Friday, August 18, 2006

The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

Nerd Pride! Christie's Auction House has gathered together the world's largest collection of Star Trek-related trinkets (Captain Kirk's chair! sorta) and is putting them up for auction to the highest bidder. In a show of how... what's the word, dedicated?... Star Trek fans are, the catalogue that Christie's put together is selling for $90. Is it a bad sign that I think this is really cool? Answer: Yes.

I'm proud to be a nerd!


This week's theme:
Waving goodbye to the Animaniacs

It's time for another Good Idea, Bad Idea.
(Nothing like animated physical comedy)

I suppose it's not really an Animaniacs Tribute unless I tip the cap to Pinky and the Brain
(Yes, I know, you hate me because you'll have that in your head)

And to all my neuropsychology friends out there...
(except for one...)


On to the news:

I think this whole No Limit Poker thing has finally gone too far
(I still don't understand watching people play poker on TV. But then again, I don't understand the allure of watching golf on TV.)

Do as I say, not as I do.
(German finance minister tells people how to spend their money)

Woman beaten up by mannequin?
(Huh?)


Bright, shiny objects:

Speaking of weird things associated with Star Trek
(... I'm speechless...)

Is it Friday?
(Now you can check.)


And finally:

After researching this one, my faith in humanity has been shaken. I will now go hide. After clicking on the links, you'll understand why.

No comments: