Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pluto has been demoted

As often happens when I find something particularly disturbing, like yesterday's link to "Hey Ya!" ccovered by the German country band (if you didn't watch it yesterday, it's as disturbingly funny as it sounds), I like to share it with my wife. After the disbelief wore off, she looked back at me and said, "Do you suppose they know that in Germany, they didn't actually have a Wild West." Then, after pausing, she said, "But, I guess they did have a Communist East." It's moments like this why I married her.


This week's theme:
Weird Al!

Weird Al, relationship counselor
(Britney Spears... Justin Timberlake... Weird Al...)


On to the news:

Entire planet vanishes from solar system
(I was listening to the radio this morning, and they broke in with a "breaking news" alert to tell us of this.)

Well, there goes my plans for the weekend
(Sweetie, if you're reading this...)

In America, we had gold rushes...
(Admiral, there be whales here!)


Bright, shiny objects:

This is why people shouldn't have sex over the internet
(Where else but Holland?)

And, one that will surely end up as your desktop wallpaper.
(Told ya.)


Today's fun fact:

In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
(November. The Russian calendar was 13 days behind ours. Stupid Russians!)


And now a word from our sponsors:

Well now... it's time for a game of "count the stereotypes"
(Get your calculator out)


And finally:

Contrary to what I posted a few days ago, today is my niece's actual birthday. She was born in Moscow on Aug. 24th, but it was the 23rd in the States, hence the source of the confusion. In any case, she's now a year old.

Chad III is coming...

No comments: